Monday 27 June 2011

Safe and sound

So, I arrived last night at about eleven, and was happy to find that the nun had got here safely. I haven't put her back together yet so I'm looking forward to that and to finding out if she likes the American roads.

I was picked up by my wonderful family friends Jackie and Motz, they are a fantastic couple who live in Rutherford, New Jersey.  Once we got back to theirs, they had a roast beef sandwich ready for me with a cold beer, deeeelicious and much wanted!

In the morning I put the nun back together and found a couple of problems so it was off to the LBS to get her fixed up, the guys at The Bike Path in Rutherford NJ http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bike-path-rutherford pumped my tyres back up and also adjusted the cones on my back wheel all for free which was very kind, and I paid 10 pounds for the same service in London, which evidently they didn't even do properly.  I took her for a quick spin up and down the main strip in Rutherford and got my bearings for cycling on the otherside of the road.  :-)

Before all this Motz took me out for a cream cheese bagel and a cwoffee at a local cafe, the cream cheese was great really smooth and fluffy and the bagel was good too.  But it was the great conversation that really made it special, Motz is an Italian American who can talk the hind legs off a horse, but only the ones he's not backing down the track on a Saturday ;-)


The View From Jackie And Motz's appartment

After some lunch from a local deli where the guys behind the counter seems to have turned his neck into presciuto and sold it on as now he just has a head attached to shoulders, Motz and Jackie Dropped me off at the ferry terminal to go into New York proper!


The Nun on water

New York coming into view


1 comment: